Type: New Feature
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 5.10.0
Security Level: Jimmy
As an end-user, I want keikai can auto-complete a formula missing the last parenthesis like =SUM(A1:A5 , so that it will be more convenient and user-friendly.
When a user enters a formula without the last ending parentheses and presses TAB, arrow key, or Enter key, Keikai can auto-complete the formula without producing an error.
- Excel supports this feature
- just consider the simplest case, missing ')' in the end.
- Doesn't handle the case when a formula needs 2 or more ending parentheses e.g. =SUM(SUM(B2). For this case, the formula needs 2 parentheses and is missing 1. Excel also doesn't auto-complete this case.
- If a formula doesn't end with a parenthesis, append 1 before sending to a server.
- If a formula ends with a parenthesis, do nothing. Even the whole formula could be wrong.