Syntax of naming a Name:
1. First character must be a letter, an underscore("_"), or a backslash("\")
2. Remaining characters can be letters, numbers, periods("."), and underscore("_")
3. letters are as defined in Unitcode; i.e. "中" is legal letter and "文" is legal letter.
4. Valid cell reference CANNOT be name of a Name.
5. space is not allowed in name.
6. length of the name cannot exceed 255.
7. Case insensitive. "myname" == "MYNAME"
8. Must be unique in the scope(book or sheet)
9. Cannot be 'R', 'r', 'C', 'c'
Scope of the name:
1. Can be defined in a book or in a sheet
2. All sheets in a book can USE the name defined in that book.
3. Only the sheet can USE the name defined in that sheet.
4. If USE a name that is both defined in a book and in a sheet(which belongs to the book); the one defined in the sheet will take precedence.
5. By explicitly specify book name(e.g. Book1!myname) to override the precedence as specified in case 4.